The first commercial brand name used in 1947 was “La Tarvisium”, from the ancient Latin name for Treviso, the historical and artistic city where the company has its headquarters.
The design of the first logo was inspired by the coat of arms of Treviso.
Later only the “Tarvisium” name was used, written in elegant italics.
In 1965 the company introduced the “Elektra” brand; the name comes from the greek “elektron”, a shining object, and is also a tribute to the great Italian scientist and Nobel prizewinner Guglielmo Marconi who invented the radio and called his
famous floating laboratory Elettra.
Several different designs were used on the Elektra logo until it was given a retro restyling in 1984
In 2007, to mark the 60th anniversary of the company, it took on a decidedly more hi-tech look.